Thursday 31 May 2012

PUBLISHED AUTHOR'S OFFICIAL BLOG...! WELCOME!

Welcome to SHE WHO WALKS ALONE...WITH ONE!

"Everyone, every woman has a story to tell, but few are willing to relive it much less have the courage to tell it.  It’s painful to watch yourself from your now enlightened place, do and say things you would never do now.  It is hard for the swan to ever imagine the ugly duckling she knew so well, was once her – but it’s true!  It is hard to imagine how the sharing of a few of your life experiences can help heal a fellow traveller’s hurt, can soothe a lonely hurt and comfort a tender soul.  “SWWA…WO” is the sharing of my life journey as I traversed the pot holes of low self esteem and relational and emotional road works and many other issues we as women face along our own (and collective) life journeys.  It is not a walk in the park but a look at a sista’s journey from the shadows into the light – for when I thought it was all over, when I thought I was a dead-end, when I thought I was truly alone… I didn’t know He was with me all along…"

I like to write, no, I love to write (as is evidenced by the numererous pens, papers and half-filled notepads and bits of paper that always seem to adorn my environment...! But just holding a pen doesn't make you an author... or does it? 

My sister encouraged me to tell "my story" - which at first I was very reluctant to do because, let's face it, it's only B-star celebrities who seem to rise in popularity after a little "kiss & tell" story ...!   But in hindsight, I began to see my story as an ordinary woman with a little extraordinary story, as a stepping stone for someone else coming up behind me... and, truth be told, if my life journey thus far can shine a light of love and laughter along YOUR path, then my job is done. 

(Failing that, it's a salacious slice of life at "ordinary" - and believe me when I say, it's not as ordinary as you'd think...!") 

So sit back and enjoy the journey … I think you’ll like it…!

No comments:

Post a Comment