Wednesday 25 April 2012

Birthing a Book is H.A.R.D..

20/4: She Who Walks Alone

Cor, I respect women who’ve carried a baby for 9 months (give or take a week or two)  This “baby” of mine is half-way out and, well, let’s just say it’s not an easy walk at the moment! 

Ever been in a position like that – not literally, of course.

You want to go forward but things aren’t quite in place – and you know you can’t quite go back; so you have to “be still” and wait.  Ahha, now where have I heard that before?  “Be still and know that I am God” (Ps 46:10).  The book is currently in the process of “coming out” but it’s a teeth-grinding, face-screwing moment, cos I just want it out …N.O.W..

Just when I think it’s time to “push”, the midwife (aka the publishing company) are saying “no dear, it’s not yet time”. … and yet, just when I’m taking a well-deserved break, having my brow mopped, my hand held and a sip of cool water, they burst in and shout “push, push, push” (dunno what they take this thing for, eh)

But seriously, it’s on the way and I hope y’all be excited about it as I am.

(PS: You know how some parents, especially Mum’s are about their baby; in their eyes, the newborn is the BEST born, the most beautifulest, cutiest, coo-coo-choiest (okay, that word doesn’t exist, but you know what I mean, lol). 

They sit there, showing of their new addition to any and everyone within eye and earshot.  Yet to you and me, the baby is …well… it has looks that only a mother could love (have mercy).  So, when the book does come out, please be gentle with me; to me, it’ll be the bestest (opps, there I go again) book ever but to you, dear reader it might be …well…something that only an author could love)

Back soon to you know how it’s going
Shalisa Anthony, Author

No comments:

Post a Comment